THE HISTORY OF JP GROUP

THE FAMILY BUSINESS JP GROUP WAS FOUNDED IN 1975 BY JOHANNES PEDERSEN – THUS THE "JP".

Originally, Johannes Pedersen was a bus driver, but in 1965 he started using all his spare time producing rubber mounts for cars, rubber hammers and ashtrays. This gave him the financial possibility to invest in tools and machines for the production of spare parts for his biggest interest: cars. Johannes Pedersen died in 1992, 63 years old. Since then JP Group a/s has grown to a well-established and strongly consolidated business with activities worldwide and premises of a total size of 42,000 m2.

Martin Pedersen, the CEO of JP Group Holding a/s, was born in Viborg on the 5th August 1958 and has been the owner of the company since 1992, when he took over from his father, Johannes Pedersen. Martin Pedersen started working at JP Group a/s in 1983, only a few years after the establishment of the company.

1975

Johs. Pedersen Maskinfabrik a/s is founded and employs two persons

1977

Our manufacturing company for production of heat exchangers, exhausts and body parts is founded

 

1987

The trading company JP Group a/s exporting spare parts for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda is established.

1992

Johs. Pedersen passes away. Martin Pedersen assumes the position as CEO.

2000

JP Group a/s expands the range of spare parts for Opel. In 2006, Ford, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are also included.

2005

In the year 2001-2006, JP Group a/s establishes sales offices in central parts of the world.

2007

JP Group a/s moves to new administration and warehouse facilities (17.000 m2).

2013

JP Group a/s buys Quinton Hazell Germany, and SSI, USA - and adds 4.000 m2 to the warehouse in Denmark.

2015

JP Group carries 5 brands: JP Group, Dansk, Classic Line, Jopex and SSI. Totally more than 38.000 m2 with production and warehouse.

2017

JP Group expands, and now holds totally 42.000 m2 including production and warehouse.